Skinny Recipe: Chicken Salad Pita Sandwich
Posted by Katie
Serves 8 Sandwiches
12 oz cooked chicken breast, diced
1 TSP- Lemon pepper seasoning (no salt added)
1/4 cup celery, diced
1 TBSP – yellow mustard
1 TBSP – diced onion
1/4 cup – sweet relish
1 cup – nonfat Thousand Island dressing
8 oz container nonfat yogurt or Greek yogurt
4 whole wheat pitas (4″ diameter)
Handful of water cress or other salad green
1) Boil the chicken until done and let it cool.
2) In the meantime, rinse your water cress or other salad greens and set aside to let it dry.
3) Once chicken is cool, chop into cubes or shred depending on your preference. Mix in the lemon pepper seasoning.
4) Combine all the ingredients (except for the pita pocket bread and water cress) in a medium bowl.
5) Chill this chicken mixture for about 30 minutes.
6) Microwave the pitas until they are warm, then cut the pita breads in half. Stuff the chicken mixture and water cress into each of the pitas. Serve.
195.87 calories per serving
1.78 grams of fat per serving